【3D技术宅公社】XR数字艺术论坛  XR技术讨论 XR互动电影 定格动画

找回密码
 立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

调查问卷
论坛即将给大家带来全新的技术服务,面向三围图形学、游戏、动画的全新服务论坛升级为UTF8版本后,中文用户名和用户密码中有中文的都无法登陆,请发邮件到324007255(at)QQ.com联系手动修改密码

3D技术论坛将以计算机图形学为核心,面向教育 推出国内的三维教育引擎该项目在持续研发当中,感谢大家的关注。

查看: 2818|回复: 0

[转载]机械设定之蒸汽朋克(教程翻译)

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-5-3 16:44:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
原文地址:机械设定之蒸汽朋克(教程翻译)作者:DylanZhang
大二的时候翻译的贴在aboutcg上的文章,自己博客没贴过。再贴一下。

本文的作者是一位职业动画师兼概念艺术家,值得一提的是,他在蒸汽机械方面也颇有造诣,平时以制作一些真实可动的蒸汽机械和电子机器人为乐。最近在收集这些资料,希望文章对大家在创作机械题材作品时能有所帮助。http://www.crabfu.com/steamtoys/diy_steampunk/

翻译:DylanZhang(http://blog.sina.com.cn/ts152154539

Mission:
The purpose of this web page is not to teach you how to draw. I will not be going though the technique, perspective, color, line weight, software, or any of the stuff you can easily surf up. This page is to inform artists who want to draw steampunk machines but don’t quite understand how steam works. The focus is to add enough elements to your drawings, to make your steampunk machines more believable.
任务:
这个网页不准备教你怎么绘画。我将不详细讨论技法、透视、色彩、线条粗细、软件以及所有这些你能在网上轻易搜到的东西。这篇文章为那些想创作蒸汽朋克类机械但对蒸汽机如何运作了解不深的艺术家们提供信息。目的就是帮助你在作品里添上足够的元素,使她更为真实可信。

Validation:
I feel that too often, steampunk designs are too fancy. They go too cool and end up loosing the all important look & feel of old tech steampunk. I think that it is important to state that I make real working steampunk machines / robots for a hobby. My steam site: Crabfu SteamWorks, contains lots of miniature, real working, live – steam machines. There has been overwhelming media coverage of my work, probably because I took it from the fake sci-fi movie magic, into the real world. Through experience and trial and error, I’ve learned not only to make something look like it would work, but actually does work.
确认:
我觉得很多时候一些蒸汽朋克题材的设定太过幻想,它们酷过头了,以至于丧失了蒸汽朋克本应具有的那种散发古旧科技味道的外观和感觉。我想说明一下,我的一 大爱好是制作真实可动的蒸汽机械和机器人,这点很重要。我的蒸汽主题网站:Crabfu SteamWorks,里面有很多可实际运作的小型蒸汽机械。新闻媒体曾大量报道过我的作品(囧一个,老外真懂推销自己),我想可能是因为我把这些玩意儿 从软科幻电影的魔法中带入到真实世界里了吧。通过试验和反复实践,我所学到的不仅是怎么让它们看上去能运行,而且还有它们是如合真实运行的。

Disclaimer:
I am an animator and concept artist by trade. However, I don’t think my art is really so great that it deserves a “how to”. My devotion to my live steam hobby however, lends my steampunk designs a level of authenticity that often lacks in steampunk art. Therefore, this is just a quick explanation of parts, and how to draw and design a machine that “looks” convincing.
Please keep in mind that these are super simple explanations of different components of live steam, and steam buffs will probably will tear these descriptions to pieces  I feel that it is important to get the basic idea without having to go into dry and boring detail. By no means am I an expert in steam engines. This info is taken from my personal experience working on small scale live-steam engines. Most of the examples below are found on model engines, which works off of the same basic principle as the big ones. This is also just a guide. There are no set rules for concept art. You just make whatever appeals to you. In other words…. this is steam for artists, not really to educate you in details of steam power!
However, it is important to understand some fundamentals of steam power, in order to make your drawings look believable, as something that could have been built in Victorian times.
First you have to understand steam, and how it works by looking at each part of the machine.
无责任声明:
我的职业是动画师兼概念艺术家。但我自愧自身的艺术功力不足以让我的作品能够教人“怎么做”。但是,由于我对蒸汽机好爱的一贯坚持,使得我在蒸汽朋克题材 的设计上到了一个接近真实的水平,而这类艺术作品通常所缺乏的便是真实感。因此,本文仅仅是对蒸汽机部件作了简要说明,以及教你设计看上去真实可信的机 械。
请记住下面对真实蒸汽机各部件的解释都是极其简略的,真正的蒸汽迷要是看到了这些描述可能会直接把它撕碎:)我觉得一点很重要,我们掌握基本概念即可,没 必要细究枯燥乏味的细节。我可不是蒸汽引擎专家。这些信息都是从我制作小尺寸蒸汽机的个人经验中获取的。下面的大多数例子都是取自模型引擎,它们的基本原 理和大尺寸的家伙是一样的。这仅仅是个指南。对于概念艺术来讲没有太多的规则,你创造任何吸引你的东西就好了。换句话说,这是让你以艺术家的眼光来看待蒸 汽机,而不是真把你教得通晓蒸汽动力的每一个细节:)尽管如此,为了让你的作品更可信,比方说(你想做的)东西只能在维多利亚时代(的技术条件下)制造 出,那么了解蒸汽动力的一些基本原理还是很必要的。

首先,我们必须了解蒸汽机,通过观察它的每一个部分了解它的工作原理。

Steam Power Components蒸汽机部件

Boiler:
The boiler is usually cylindrical and long. The purpose of it is to boil water, pretty simple concept  Most boilers have flues, which just means inside is a bunch of tubes for the fire to heat & boil the water fast. Sometimes they have a camel dome looking thing on top. Steam pipe should be drawn on top of the boiler, where steam comes out. However, sometimes the steam pipe comes out of the boiler, and get fed through the fire again, this is called superheater. In this case, the steam pipe can come out elsewhere visually. Anyway, to keep it simple, make pipes coming out of the top of the boiler. The “smoke stack” usually comes out of the boiler to one end. The reason for the stack is to vent the fire, as one end of the boiler is fired. Often steam exhaust from the boiler goes into the stack, the force of the steam shooting out of it, helps drawl the fire more inside the flues. Boilers usually have a stack somewhere, size and shape of the stack varies a lot…. another words, sketch whatever shape and size stack looks best, to balance out the design.
锅炉
锅炉通常是长长的圆柱体。拿来烧水用的,简单的常识:)大多数的锅炉有火管,也就是说有很多管道在锅炉里,火(烟气)由内部通过,更快地把水加热至沸腾。 有时锅炉顶部有个用于观察内部的驼峰状圆顶。蒸汽管道应该画在锅炉顶部,蒸汽从那个位置出来。但是,有些锅炉的蒸汽管道出来后又返回加热,这种叫做过热 器。这样的话,蒸汽管道随便从哪里出来都可以。总之,为了保持简洁,让管道从锅炉顶部通出即可。通常“烟囱”从锅炉的一端伸出。由于锅炉另一端在加热,所 以烟囱用来排出烟气。通常锅炉排出的蒸汽会进入到烟囱,喷涌出的蒸汽由于气压差的引力,会把更多的火(烟气)带入火管。锅炉通常都有个烟囱在上面,大小和 形状多样,换言之,画出形状和尺寸最顺眼的烟囱,平衡一下设计。

Burner / Fuel
Heat / Fire can be generated in a variety of ways. This usually evolves the fuel source being coal, gas, or anything that can burn really hot. With coal, you need to design an area which the coal is fed into, with a door. You also need to design an area for someone to fed the coal/wood, as well as a supply of coal / tender. With gas, you need to draw up some design of the burner mechanism, usually sticks out of the burner a bit. The fuel supply for gas can be a container, of any shape (although most everything is cylindrical), with pipes going into the burner, connected to the bottom of the boiler. Gas mixes with air in the process, and the amount of fire can be controlled by valves on the gas tank, as well as the amount of air is mixed for the fire.
燃烧室/燃料
热/火可由多种方式生成。这通常和燃料是煤、油气还是其他任何可以产热的东西有关。如果是煤,你就需要设计一个送煤的带门进口,同时还要给燃料工设计一个 工作区域,以及供煤设备。如果使用油气,你就要设计一个相关的机械装置,它通常突出于燃烧器一点点。油气的供应设备可以是任何形状的容器(尽管大多时候是 柱体),有管道通向燃烧器,连接到锅炉的底部。油气在输送过程中与空气混合,火力可由储气罐的阀门以及混合的空气量来控制。

Engine
There are a variety of different types of steam engines. They basically are just pistons in which steam pushes, and in a variety of ways via linkages, all end up with an axle spinning in a circular motion.
Without going into steam engines in detail, here are the basics of how to draw them. Draw a cylinder, (piston is inside and not visible). Shapes is basically a big cylinder with a small long cylinder coming out of it. Steam is piped through the cylinder to push the piston in and out. If it is double acting (pushes both in and out) then it usually contains a box like shape on the cylinder. This is for another link connected to the shaft to open and close valves to allow the steam to fed though each end of the cylinder – pushes piston out, and pushes in when it gets to the end of the travel. So to put it simply, cylinder, with a box on the side.
Some steam engines can be reversed. There are three ways that this can work: 1) Engine can be reserved by linkages to change how the steam is piped in by a Stephenson’s linkage, which usually looks like some sort of lever, complex looking linkages, with an arc piece that guides the lever. 2) For double cylinders, a valve can reverse the direction of the steam flow, and therefore the engine runs backwards. 3) clutch driven, the engines only runs in one direction, but with the use of gears, the drive shaft can be reversed.
引擎
蒸汽机引擎多种多样。基本上讲,就是一些由蒸汽推动的活塞,以各种联接方式,最后作用到作圆周旋转运动的轮轴上。
这里不对蒸汽机作细究,只讲些怎么画的基本法则。画出一个柱体(注:汽缸也可叫cylinder)(活塞在里面,不可见)。形状基本是大柱体,里面还有个 细长的柱体出来。蒸汽经管道通过汽缸,推动活塞进进出出。假如是个双程汽缸(同时推动活塞进和出),那么它通常会带个盒状的东西。这个盒子里装有另外的连 接主轴的装置,可以开启和关闭阀门,使蒸汽能作用于汽缸的两端——即蒸汽进入一端时推出活塞,当蒸汽到达另一端时把活塞推回。所以简单点,画个柱体加上旁 边有个盒子即可。
有些蒸汽引擎可以反向。通过3种方式可以这实现:1)通过史蒂芬森连杆机构,引擎可以改变蒸汽进入的方式,这种连杆机构常常看上去像杠杆,外观复杂,还有 个弧状部件引导杠杆。2)对于双程引擎来讲,阀门能反转气流方向,因此引擎会前后运动。3)离合器驱动,引擎只能在一个方向上运动,但是利用齿轮可使驱动 轴反转转向。

Flywheel
This is usually a large heavy wheel, and it does have a purpose. The flywheel keeps the momentum going, otherwise the engine runs sporadically and can stall. Flywheels are always attached to the shaft that the pistons drive. You don’t absolutely need a flywheel, but it makes the engine run a lot smoother.
飞轮
飞轮通常又大又重,作用是保持运动的惯性,否则引擎只会偶尔工作一下并会熄火。飞轮总是和活塞驱动的那个轴相连。你并不一定就要添上飞轮,但是它让引擎运转起来流畅很多。

Oiler/ displacement lubricator
These things are just what it sounds like, they lubricate. They are usually attached, or very close to the engine. They can be right on the cylinder area or on the pipe going into the engine. They provide oil & lubrication for the pistons inside of the cylinder. They can be cylinder shaped container, or a manual hand pump.
None of this is all that important in drawing steampunk machine, all you have to remember are these shapes: Cylindrical for the cylinders (duh), boxes attached to cylinders with pipe, levers & valves near the engines, and flywheel.
喷油器/水压润滑器
这些东西正如其名,起润滑作用。它们通常连接在,或者靠近引擎。它们可能刚好在汽缸(引擎)这个位置或者通入引擎的管子上。它们给汽缸中的活塞提供油液和润滑剂。它们可能是柱状的容器,或者手动泵。
这些东西在你画蒸汽朋克机械时并非太重要,你只要记住那些形状就可以了:柱状的汽缸,一个盒子经管子连到汽缸上,引擎附近有些控制杆和阀门,还有飞轮。

Governor
Cool looking device…. usually 2 spinning balls powered by the main shaft of the engine. The purpose to control the amount of steam going into the engine. Usually a pulley is attached from the engine shaft to this device. When the engine spins up, it spins the governor, and the centripetal force makes the balls fly out. This action causes a mechanism to pull up a linkage, which restricts the amount of steam that is piped into the engine. This device is must be straight up in order to function properly, and connected between the engine shaft, and the steam inlet to the engine.
离心力调节器
很酷的设备,通常由两个旋转的球构成,球由引擎的主轴驱动。它用于调控进入引擎的蒸汽量。通常有一个滑轮由引擎轴连到上面。当引擎运转时,它带动调节器旋 转,在向心力的作用下球就飞转起来。此运动使机械装置将约束引擎进气量的连杆拉起。这个装置必须竖直放置才能正常运转,它被连接在引擎轴和引擎和进气口之 间。
Condenser
The condenser traps the oily steam exhaust from the engine. Engine exhaust is fed into it, allowing oily water to be trapped inside and condensed, only letting clean steam out. The steam exhaust from the condenser can then be fed into the main stack on the boiler, giving it that classic look – steam out of the main stack, however, it can be fed into any stack. This is not absolutely necessary component, but without it, things could get quite messy and covered in oil. Anyway, another easy part to draw, just another cylinder.
空气压缩机
压缩机阻碍从引擎排出的油腻的蒸汽。引擎排气通入压缩机,使得带油的水在那里被阻碍和压缩,只让干净的蒸汽出去。从压缩机从排出的蒸汽然后可以进入锅炉的 主烟囱,赋予它经典的形象——蒸汽从主烟囱中出来。但其实蒸汽可以流入任意一个烟囱。压缩机不是必备部件,但假如没有它,事情会变得很糟糕,东西会蒙上油 腻腻的一层。这个部件同样好画,多画个柱体而已。
Valves
Valves are just cool, especially when there are lots of it. Hand operated valves controls a variety of things, but basically it stops or lets steam through.
阀门
阀门(看起来)相当酷,特别是当有很多阀门的时候。手控阀门能控制很多东西,但基本来讲它控制蒸汽的流通。
Safety Valve:
This is just a safety mechanism, so when the pressure within the boiler gets too high, it will vent out steam to prevent an boiler explosion. This is attached to the boiler, up high as it needs to let steam out, not water  It can be vented to the stack.
安全阀
安全阀仅仅是安全装置,当锅炉内气压过高时,它通过排出蒸汽防止锅炉爆炸。安全阀连接在锅炉,由于是排气(不是水)之用,所以位置在上方。
Water Sight Glass
This is just a way for you to see how much water is in the boiler. If the boiler runs dry and still firing, it will fail. Sight glass can either be a window, or a glass tube.
水位视镜
水位视镜用来观测锅炉中的水量。假如锅炉干了却还在烧就会报废。有的地方把视镜做成窗户,或者玻璃管。

Water pump / tank
Water pumps and water tanks are used to pump water into the boiler while it is steaming. Pumps can be manual hand pumps, or connected to an engine (uses the power of the engine to pump the water). It takes water from a reservoir, and feed it into the boiler…. hopefully at the same rate that the engine is using up, maintaining water level. This is not absolutely necessary, but prolongs the duration of the run, especially if the boiler is small.
水泵/水箱
水泵和水箱用来把水泵入工作时的锅炉。水泵可以是手控的,或者连接到引擎上(利用一部分引擎动力泵水)。它将水从储水箱泵入锅炉….运气好的话引擎以同等速率消耗水,维持锅炉水位。这些并非必需品,但是能延长机器运行时间,特别是当锅炉比较小的时候。

Gauges
Pressure gauges shows how much pressure is present. These are little analog dials, pretty easy to draw, and doesn’t have much variety. They are basically sensors for pressure within the boiler, or how much is feeding though etc.
仪表
气压表显示当前气压值。上面有些刻度盘,很容易画,样式也不太多。它们基本用来探测锅炉内部气压,或者原料供应。
Insulation
Insulation is most commonly found with marine applications. Insulation is just ways of trying to minimize heat loss. These can be applied to boilers, pipes, and cylinders. Wood lagging is the coolest looking, and I draw them often, they just give it a old tech look and feel. Of course modern insulation can be used, almost anything that can retain heat. Pipes are often covered with rope or coated with a white substance, in which I have no idea what it is made of
保温层
保温层在海上设备中比较常见。它被用来使热量流失降到最低。它们可以应用到锅炉、管道上。木质保温层看上去很酷,我通常画它们,它们恰好赋予了作品古老的 科技感。当然,现代点的保温层也可以用上去,任何可以保温的东西都行。管道通常被绳子或者一种我不知道是什么东西制造成的白色物质包裹。

Gears
Gears, lots and lots of them. Small engines needs to be geared down quite a bit. Lots of gears just looks cool anyway, but make sure that you are gearing down by drawing little gears to big gears. Old gears are usually spoked, sometimes curved spokes. High pressure can drive pistons straight to wheels, as with locomotives.
齿轮
齿轮又很多很多。小型引擎十分需要减速档。很多很多的齿轮看上去会很酷,但无论如何,保证你画的是小齿轮挨着大齿轮,这样才可以变档。老式齿轮通常带辐条,有时辐条是曲线形的。高压能驱动活塞直接带动轮子,就像火车头那样。

Sprocket/Chain
Sprockets and chains are good for driving something far from the engine. They are also more forgiving than gears, as they don’t need to be exactly right on to work ( I use lots of it in my steambots). However, sprockets and chains are easier to fail, they can derail.
齿链轮/链条
链轮和链条适合于驱动离引擎比较远的东西,而且比齿轮相容性好,因为它们不需要很精准地啮合就能工作(我在我的蒸汽机器人中用到很多)。但是,它们很容易会因为掉链子而罢工。
Linkages
There are a variety of linkages…. for a drawing to be convincing, they just need to look right, not really work right. To make linkages look right, you need to put in some thought, especially the if the linkage is big and a focal point. Linkages basically just transfer circular motion to something else  The master of linkages can be found at mechanicalspider.com
连杆机构
连杆机构有多种类型…为了使作品可信,只要看上去正确即可,不一定要能实际运转。为了让连杆看上去是正确的,你需要多想想,特别是当连杆很大会成为视觉焦 点时。连杆基本上说就是把圆周运动转换传递到其他部件上去:)连杆大师可以从下面这个网址找见:mechanicalspider.com
Levers
Levers can control a lot of things. Clutches, engaging and disengaging gears, steam flow, etc. Draw lots of them for the operator…. remember, just make them look right, don’t worry about what each lever might do.
控制杆
控制杆可以操纵很多东西。比如控制离合器,控制齿轮咬合上或者松开,控制蒸汽流动以及等等。为操作员多画些控制杆,记住,只要让它们看上去正确就好了,不用考虑每一个控制杆分别用来做什么的。
Whistles
Steam whistles are attached to boilers, or at least some piping coming off the boiler. Steam is forced through it via some sort of a lever (often a pull chain type) and makes that classic steam whistle. The bigger it is, the deeper it sounds, but the more steam is used up.
汽笛
汽笛连接在锅炉上,或者至少是一些从锅炉出来的管道上。通过某类控制杆的操控(通常是那种垂下的拉链条),蒸汽进入汽笛并使其发声。汽笛越大,声音越低沉,但会消耗更多的蒸汽。

————————下一个主题的分割线————————————

Remember the basic shapes and design of the parts above (most everything is cylindrical in shape). Surf up each part above, and collect images of components, as well as old steam locomotives & vehicles for reference. Once you are familiar with the parts, you can then free sketch at will, but always use the references to keep it authentic and believable.
记住以上部件的基本形状和设计(大多数都是柱体的)。网上搜索一下每个部件,搜集图片参考,也可以找那些旧式的蒸汽火车头和车辆图片作参考。一旦你对这些部件都熟悉了,你就可以锁心所欲地画些草图,但是还是要使用图片参考让你的作品可信。

Fist, come up with ideas. Plan out what you want it to be, a biped robot? a car? a tank? a multi legged walking machine? Don’t under estimate “character”. Add some personality or character to you machines, even if it is inanimate. The #1 goal should be a well designed, balanced, and eye catching machine. Worry about how it works after you have some rough sketches and shapes of something compelling, otherwise it’s not worth the effort. I can’t stress this point enough.
首先,构思一下。你想让你设计的东西是个什么样子的,双足机器人? 汽车?坦克?还是多足步行机械?不要低估 了“特征”,为你的机器添加些性格和特点,即便它是无生命的。首要目标应该做到让机械设计优秀、结构平衡并能引人目光。当你有些有趣的草图和形状后,再考 虑它是如何运行的,否则就白费力气了。这点我十分强调。
Work loose first, even if you decide the finish project will be detailed and well rendered. I usually prefer the loose and lazy way, just flop it down and call it good, as long as you get the feeling and idea across, you don’t always need to carefully draw out each teeth of a gear – the human mind is really good at connecting and making sense of just a couple of lines. However, you can go as detail as you like, it is only a stylistic choice.
一开始随意点,就算你希望最终作品要细节丰富并且效果很棒。我通常 更喜欢随便点的方式,就是把东西往纸面上一放然后自我感觉良好。。只要你把这个感觉和想 法讲清楚了,你不需要总是画的很仔细乃至细到齿轮的每一个齿。人类大脑善于联想,就算只有几根线条也能搞懂意思。但是,如果你喜欢你可以画的很细致,这个 属于个人的风格不同。
For the purposes of demonstration, I have provided simple mechanics, of a wheeled steam machine below. What is it? heck if I know….
作为演示,我准备了一个简单的机械,下方那个带轮子的蒸汽机械。那个是啥玩意儿?天知道。。。

Lay out the boiler first as it is the biggest, and heaviest part. Pay attention to weight and center of gravity. Boilers are filled with water, and well constructed, therefore they are very heavy. They can be vertical, horizontal, or even at an angle. Make room for some sort of a firebox or burner. Whatever chassis you have, should support the weight of something really heavy. Next, draw up some cylinders…. almost everything on steampunk machines are cylindrical in shape…. from gears, condensers, fuel tank, water reservoir, shafts, axles etc…. Learn how to draw cylinders in all angles, it comes in handy. Next, draw up main axles, provide where power needs to be directed to for locomotion.
锅炉最大个儿,先画上它。注意重量感和重心。锅炉里满是水,而且结 构坚固,所以很笨重。它们可以竖直、水平 乃至以任何角度放置。给燃烧室或者燃烧器留些空间。不管你用什么样的底盘,要能支撑这么个庞然大物。然后,再画些柱体,蒸汽朋克类机械上的几乎所有东西都 是柱体的…齿轮,冷凝器,邮箱,储水槽,连杆,轮轴等等等等…学会画任意角度的圆柱,迟早派的上用场。接下来,画上主轮轴,动力由机车头传到到此。

Then decide where to lay out the engine(s). Engines can be at any angle, they function just fine however they are positioned. Lay out some gears or sprocket/chains that will be visible. The pistons must power directly to the main drive shaft, or geared to it. The easiest is to just make the piston shaft in the same direction as the drive shaft, however, you can route it however you want using beveled gears (i.e. 90 degree from engine to axle)
Work out the locomotion…. if you get confused about how something works (as I often do) you can cover it up with body work. However, I think the compelling part of steampunk is in how open and simple things are, so I like showing all of the mechanisms as much as possible.
然后考虑把引擎放在哪个部位。它们可以以任意角度放置,由于是活塞 原理所以依然可以运行良好。画上写可见的 齿轮和链条。活塞必须直接作用在主驱动杆上,或者经由齿轮与其作用。最简单的方法是让活塞连杆与驱动杆方向一致,当然,你可以运用锥形齿轮(它可以将动力 扭转90度传送)自己设计动力传送路线。
画出机车…假如你搞不清东西是如何运行的(我常这样),你可以用车体把运行部件包裹住。但是,我想蒸汽朋克一个有趣的地方在于结构的暴露和简单,所以我喜欢尽可能地展现那些机械结构。

Design out the body work, try to keep the old tech feel. At this point you can cover up any mechanical detail that you can’t, or are too lazy to figure out
设计出车体,尽量保持古旧科技的感觉。这时你可以用车体包裹任何你想不出或者懒得画的机械细节

Lay down basic shading or color, working out shapes and define planes & edges as you go
画上基本的明暗或色彩,边深入边修整形状,细化面和边。

Add strong shadow and shading.
添加强烈的阴影和明暗。

Final Design
Add accents such as Victorian inspired scroll work, rivets etc. As well as add detail with valves, levers etc.
加添些能起到强调作用的东西,比如维多利亚式涡卷形装饰,铆钉等等。同时加些阀门、控制杆之类的东西增加细节。

One last comment about design…
You have to pay attention to the limitations of simple mechanics, usually a single boiler can power one or two engines. Unlike electronic motorized robots, where you have the luxury of having a motor per joint, and electronic / computer controlled on how and when each motor runs. Even if you have lots of engines, powering each joint, you are still limited to having no electronics to control how each one operates (if you wish to stay totally low tech steampunk). The best way is to limit the number of engines, and use linkages to transfer from circular motion to a…. say…. walking motion. Don’t go hollywood on me folks, I think a good steampunk design is in part looking really dorky, or really stupid. When you try to make them too cool, then you loose that steampunk flavor
So that’s it…. hope that this can be an inspiration for you to tackle on some steampunk sketches.
最后一点关于设计的想法
你不得不注意下简单机械的局限,通常一个锅炉能带动1到2个引擎。不像设计电力驱动的机器人,你可以很奢侈地在每个关节都安一个马达,并且电脑控制每个马 达如何以及何时运行。就算你设计了很多引擎,给每个关节都配上了动力,你依然受限,因为没有电子控制设备来操控每一部分的运转(假如你想一直走低科技的蒸 汽朋克线路的话)。最好的方法就是限制引擎的数量,使用连杆机构把圆周运动转变成…呃,就是…步行运动。别让设计太“好莱坞”化了。我想优秀的蒸汽朋克作 品应该看上有有点笨重有些傻气。如果你想把它搞得很酷,那就没有蒸汽朋克的味道了
所以这就是…希望此篇有助于激发您在蒸汽朋克题材创造上的灵感。

作者制作的一些蒸汽机械和电子机械
http://www.crabfu.com/steamtoys/
http://www.crabfu.com/swashbot/

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|3D数字艺术论坛 ( 沪ICP备14023054号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 01:57